SEO Apprentice (Ethiopia)
Banowetz Marketing is looking for an SEO Specialist to help our client businesses rank higher on Google and other search engines. You should also be analytical, data-driven, and have a strong command over written English and Amharic as this position will require translating content from one language into another at various intervals. It’s important that you are comfortable working digitally as this is a work-from-home, virtual position. The goal is to ensure that return on investment with this company produces high returns while providing excellent customer service!
What you’ll learn:
- Participate in forming effective organic search strategies
- Create & manage Google My Business (GMB) and Google Analytics accounts for clients
- Launch and optimize various Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaigns
- Be involved in keyword selection and audience targeting
- Monitor budget and adjust bids and creatives to gain better ROI
- Produce reports for clients
- Find ways to reduce risk of click fraud
- Keep current with PPC and SEM trends
- Able to perform in Depth SWOT analysis and create actionable assignments from analysis
- Effectively use Schema on all websites
- Effectively employ citation consistency across all platforms
- Effective use of Meta with strong (tracked) keywords
- Thorough understanding of AMP and ability to fix issues pertaining to LCP, CLS and FID
- Able to perform a complete and thorough competition analysis
- Write keyword-rich website and blog copy
- Build a strong relationship with co-workers and clients using Slack, email, etc.
- Be a self-motivated, lifelong learner with an excellent work ethic and care for others.
- Other duties as assigned
- Run ad performance reports & make suggestions based off the prompts.
- Run dead link reports & mitigate errors.
- Run speed reports & make suggestions based off the reports you ran.
- Run social media performance reports & make suggestions for changes.
- Run SEO reports & audits.
- Run review reports.
- Run orphan pages report.
- Run NAP tracker report.
- Run a Google My Business (GMB) report & make edits to make edits to GMB accounts.
- Ask for GMB reviews.
- Run an email funnel performance report.
- Execute on-page optimizations.
- Manage content calendars (assign content creation tasks to other staff).
- Analyze Google Search Console.
- High-speed internet access.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong English skills (written and verbal).
- Dedication to a task and willing to persevere through difficult technology issues.
- Willingness to persevere through technology education.
- Desire to be a continuous learner.
- Flexible and adaptable in new situations.
- Thorough in both virtual and in-person communication (Slack, Zoom, email & in-person meetings).
- Willing to seek guidance when necessary.